Department of Mechanical Engineering
We develop competent Diploma Mechanical Engineers to fulfill the needs of the industry and the society.
- Implement M.S.B.T.E. curriculum through effective teaching-learning.
- Maintain sound industrial interaction.
- Empower students for entrepreneurship, employment and higher education.
Department of “Mechanical Engineering” has an intake of 120 students. The Department has state of the art Mechanical Engineering Lab. We own 6 Cars, many two wheelers, different types of engines and various cut section models. Mechanical Engineering Department regularly conducts training programs for mechanics, service advisers, faculty members from other institutes. Our Department is treated as a nodal institute by MSBTE and the faculty members work as resource persons for various MSBTE Programs.
The students have carried out various ambitious projects like “Battery Operated Wheel Chair” for a divyang person, Reverse locking system for heavy commercial vehicles, Electro Pneumatic Gear Shifting Arrangement, Maint-Aid fixture for Tractor, Weed Remover, Regenerative Braking System, Water Injection for diesel engine, fuel cell car prototype, Petrol injection for motorcycle etc. These projects have won many state-level prizes and are appreciated nationally and internationally too. The details of the wheelchair project ar available on UNO’s website under the title “Kolhapur Wheel Chair” Many Automobile Organizations like Tata Motors, Bajaj Auto, L & T, Mahindra & Mahindra, Gabrial, Heldex India, Sai Service, Hero group etc, conduct campus interviews for the final year students in New Polytechnic Kolhapur. More than Sixty students of Department of Mechanical Engineering are working as Assitant Motor Vehicle Inspectors in R.T.O. Department all over the Maharashtra State.
Prof. Sangramsinh Patil
B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)
Email: [email protected]
- Prof. Deepak Patil (Sr. Lecturer), M.E.(Heat Power Engineering)
- Prof. Kirronn Valivade (Sr. Lecturer), M.E.(Heat Power Engineering)
- Prof. Ghanashyam Patil (Sr. Lecturer), M.E.(Heat Power Engineering)
- Prof. Mahesh Ghosalkar (Sr. Lecturer), B.E.(Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Yuvraj Gajgeshwar (Sr. Lecturer), B.E.(Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Vinayak Patil (Sr. Lecturer), M.E.(CAD/CAM/CAE)
- Prof. Pravin Jadhav (Sr. Lecturer), M.Sc.(Chemistry)
- Prof. Mohan Shinde (Sr. Lecturer), M.Sc.(Physics)
- Prof. Ashish Thorat (Sr. Lecturer), B.E.(Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Ravindra Yadav (Sr. Lecturer), B.E.(Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Ravi Paikrao (Sr. Lecturer), M.A.(English)
- Prof. Nitin Sawant (Sr. Lecturer), B.E.(Electronics Engineering)
- Prof. Sachin Patil (Sr. Lecturer), B.E.(Mechanical Engineering)
Shri. Yuvraj Khade (Technical Lab Assistant), I.T.I.
Shri. Rahul Patil (Technical Lab Assistant), D.M.E.