Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
To uplift the students to make them competent globally with sound technical knowledge, environmental awareness, professional ethics and aptitude for employment.
To educate the students to develop problem sensing and problem solving attitude in the field of electronics engineering, environmental protection and society at large with high moral values to grab opportunities for employment, higher education, entrepreneurship by providing disciplined and educational atmosphere to make them competent globally.
OUR MOTTO : ‘COMMITMENT FOR EXCELLENCE’
- We are committed to work hard to impart quality education.
- We teach our students 4D’s - Discipline, Dedication, Determination & Direction.
Department of E & TC commenced its journey in June-2008 with intake capacity of 60 students. With all the necessary technical infrastructure, devoted well-qualified full time faculty and academic ambience in the department, students of E & TC excel in their curricular as well as in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
One of our important objectives is to nurture the students to make them ready for higher studies as well as industry by arranging several industrial visits, together with day-to-day Theory / Practical curriculum coverage, to expose them to the state-of-the-art technologies. Our students have a reputation of winning prizes in state level project & paper presentation competitions almost every year. The department has alumni base spread across the globe.
COMMUNICATION / CONTACT DETAILS
|Name of The Institute:||New Polytechnic Kolhapur|
|Name of the Department:|| Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering|
|Name of The Principal||Shri. Shinde V.B.|
|Name of The H.O.D||Shri. Sharma D.R.|
|Address:|| New Polytechnic Kolhapur,|
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
RS No:264, Shantinagar, Uchagaon,
Tal: Karveer, Dist: Kolhapur,MH, India.
PIN – 416005
|Contact:|| Shri. Sharma D. R.|
Cell No: 09822350034
Having a further look at the career prospects, there is bound to be huge demand for competent engineers in electronic industry.
- An electronic engineer can find a job in Consumer electronics manufacturing organization, Telecommunication & IT industries, Health care equipment manufacturing, Mobile communication (2G,3G,4G), Internet technologies, Embedded systems, Power Electronics, and other industries like steel, petroleum and chemical industry, directing control and testing production process.
- Electronics Technicians can specialize in technical sales, product representation, systems management, design and manufacture of electronic devices and systems, or the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic systems and equipment.
- They may also work with computers and electronic equipment in the medical, manufacturing, industrial control, telecommunications, aeronautical and military fields.
- Electronics Engineers are acquired by top recruiters (both private and government) like DMRC, L & T, Siemens, Motorola, Intel, Texas Instruments, BEL, ISRO, DRDO, Accenture, Wipro, HCL Technologies, NVidia, Samsung, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, MTNL, AIR, BSNL, Indian Air force, Indian Navy, Railways, Bharat Electronics Ltd and Flextronics and Philips Electronics.
Shri. Sharma D. R.
Cell No: 09822350034
Name of the Faculty
Experience In Years
Date of Joining
Lecturer, Sr Scale
Lecturer, Sr Scale
Lecturer, Sr Scale
Mrs Saee S.Patil
Program Outcomes (PO)
(What he/she will continue to do at the entry point of industry soon after graduation)
A diploma Electronics & Telecommunication engineering student is able to –
- Apply knowledge of basic sciences, mathematics & basic engineering to solve the broad-based E & TC engineering related problems. (Basic Knowledge)
- Use logical step by step methods to troubleshoot various E & TC engineering related problems. (Discipline Knowledge)
- Perform experiments to validate the theoretical knowledge and use the results to solve broad-based E & TC engineering problems. (Experiments & Practice)
- Apply the relevant technologies and modern Hardware/Software tools necessary for E & TC engineering field. ( Modern engineering tools usage)
- Assess societal, health, safety, legal & cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to practice in the field of E & TC engineering. (The Engineer and Society)
- Evolve strategies to address problems arising in E & TC engineering field considering their environmental effects & sustainability issues. (Environment & Sustainability)
- Inculcate professional & ethical responsibilities in the field of E & TC engineering. (Ethics)
- Function effectively as an individual and as a team member or team leader in multidisciplinary environment. (Individual & Team work)
- Communicate effectively in oral & written form by using modern communication tools. (Communication)
- Engage in independent & life-long learning activities in the context of technological changes in the field of E & TC engineering & allied industry. (Life-long learning)
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
(What he/she will continue to do two years after graduation)
PSO1: Problem sensing & problem solving capability:
Gain the knowledge of overall functioning of various electronic industries & try to solve the
PSO2: Use of modern Hardware/Software tools:
Use various hardware & software tools for designing & troubleshooting E & TC systems.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
(What he/she will continue to do even after 3-5 years of working in the industry)
PEO-1: (Preparation- Employment & Higher studies) : To provide disciplined educational environment and prepare the students to be eligible for pursuing higher studies & self-employment in the field of electronics.
PEO-2: (Core Competency-Discipline knowledge): The students from E & TC engineering program will have a comprehensive knowledge of electronic devices & circuits and other basic engineering sciences to develop an ability to apply this knowledge for problem solving.
PEO-3: (Breadth- T-shaped engineers): To prepare the students to acquire multidisciplinary skills for solving real life problems and carry out multidisciplinary project work.
PEO-4: (Professionalism): To develop leadership ability & incorporate professional practice among students by motivating them to participate in social activities to make them competent for solving social problems following ethics throughout their lives.
PEO-5: (Life-long learning): To inculcate the thirst in them for life-long learning by exposing the students in the domain of life skills, professional practices & behavioral science