Department of Civil Engineering
To create competent, ethical civil engineers, capable of working in global environment for eco-friendly sustainable development
Educating the future civil engineers through innovative knowledge in construction industry by teaching theory as well as exposing them practically through site visits, vocational training, that develops the ability of solving problems individually and in teams.
- There is intake of 60 Seats for Civil Engineering program.
- The Department has enthusiastic, highly qualified and experienced staff.
- Our faculty member Dr.Diwan is a resource person for technical meets of architects, engineers and contractors by leading manufacturers as well as professional bodies.
- The laboratories are well-established and highly equipped.
- The Department arranges various site visits to cope with advanced knowledge of construction materials and practices.
We also arrange tours to visit large scale construction industries such as Poona-Mumbai Expressway BKC-2 Towers in Bandra-Kurla Complex,ICC Towers,Prabhadevi,Solid Waste Treatment plant,Thane ,Wandre-Worli sea link ,Mumbai, Universal Construction Equipments,Pune and also various dam sites like Radhanagari Dam, Kalammawadi Dam & Tulsi Dam.
Contribution to social cause
Association of Architects and Engineers,Kolhapur was appointed as a third party valuer for the roads constructed by IRB under BOT Project.Our students conducted the valuation process of these roads under the guidance of our faculty members S.S.Ghatge(who was President of Association of architects and Engineers at that time) and S.B.Yadav.The work of the students was appreciated by the Association,K.M.C.and Government of Maharashtra.
Our Department is conducting continuing education program for skilled workers and contractors regularly.
We have tie-up with leading cement manufacturers like J K Cement, Ultra-Tech, ACC, Birla-Shakti and many private builders and contractors.
Our alumni are working in renowned organizations both national and international like AutoDesk, U.S.A.,AFCONS,B.G.Shirke& Sons,Ashoka buildcon as project manager, business development head(Asian Countries).More than 300 alumni are working in various government sectors like PWD,Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran,Z.P.Muncipalties and Corporations,Pollution Control Board,Land Records Department at various levels from junior ,Deputy, Executive & Chief Engineer.
Most of our alumni are not job seekers ,but job providers being developers, builders, contractors, consultants, suppliers, interior decorators spread up all over the world.
Diwan V. V.
- Diwan V. V. ( H.O.D)
- Shirol S.I. ( SL. Gr. Lecturer)
- Ghatge P.S. ( SL. Gr. Lecturer)
- Patil N.B. ( SL. Gr. Lecturer)
- Shinde V.B (Principal)
- Yadav S.B ( SL. Gr. Lecturer)
- Patil S.D ( SL. Gr. Lecturer)
- Patil T.D. ( SL. Gr. Lecturer)