Recepient of ‘Ideal Educational Institution Award’ of the Maharashtra State Estd. 1920 Regd. No. KOP F 26
1061, A ward, Shivaji Peth, Kolhapur 416012 (Maharashtra ) Phone : (0231) 2623824 Founded by the Late Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu in memory of his beloved Prince Shivaji on 1st July, 1920 for the educational development of the masses.
It was founded through the inspiration and active support of His Highness Rajarshi Chh. Shahu Maharaj, in the name of his beloved son Shree Prince Shivaji in 1920. The institution has been providing lodge and boarding facilities to thousands of poor and needy students since its foundation. The New College was established on 15th June 1971 on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee of the Institute to provide Arts and Commerce courses to begin with. The Science Faculty was also introduced in 1975. At present the institution has been running ————— . The Institution has been honoured by the ‘Ideal Institution Award of Maharashtra State Government for its work and achievements in the field of education under the guidance of Jeshta Shikshan Tadnya Hon’ble D.B.Patil.
Memorandum of Association
- To spread education in all sections of society.
- To provide technical and academic education to boys and girls from primary to college level.
- To provide facilities such as education, lodging and boarding free of charges or at concessional rates.
- To sanction loan scholarships to present and past students of the Institution for their higher education.
- To inculcate self-reliance, self-respect and social service in students.
- To strive to develop patriotism, love for countrymen, love for science and technology as well as good, civic and social qualities in students.
- To promote awareness among students regarding national integration, democracy, social development, co-operative system, agro industries and social work.
- To provide special educational facilities to backward classes and promote social equality.
- To strive to eradicate untouchability.
- To remove casteism and other various evil differences in society.
Functions of Institution
In accordance with its aims and objectives, the Institution carries out the following functions :-
- To establish and run boarding houses for students.
- To establish and run sister educational institutions.
- To grant loan scholarships and loans.
- To carry out other allied functions.
- To plan various schemes and implement them.
- To cultivate 20 acres of agricultural land at Hanbarwadi Tal. Karveer for raising revenue.
Salient Features of Institution
- Transparency in all monetary transactions. Payments only by crossed cheques.
- Recruitment through committees set up as per Government/ University rules.
- Admissions to various faculties only on the basis of merit.
- The institution strives for the upliftment of the masses.
- Training centres for competitive exams through sister concerns.
Hostels of Institution
- Boys’ Hostel, Shivaji Peth, Kolhapur Capacity : 100 boys
- Chh. Rajaram Boys’ Hostel, 51 Thana, Mangalwar Peth, Kolhapur Capacity : 150 boys
- Three independent Ladies’ Hostels Capacity : 280 girls
Features of Hostels
- Lodging and boarding facilities at concessional rates.
- 20-25 freeships to poor and deserving boys and girls staying in hostels.
- Personal attention and discipline.
- Solar system for hot water for girls’ hostels.
- Independent security system.